Eddie Griffith has 20 years’ experience in business recovery, restructuring and turnaround management. Originally from the UK, Eddie has a unique background having been exposed to a broad range of industry sectors with both top tier firms and smaller boutique insolvency firms.
Eddie has been a key player in multiple high profile external administrations. However, Eddie’s real motivation is to work with professional advisors and stakeholders of small and family enterprises to ensure the continuation of the business wherever possible. Drawing upon his comprehensive working knowledge of insolvency law and practice, Eddie innovates businesses to accept that corporate rescue should be contemplated early in the business cycle. Eddie appreciates the risks that directors take and utilises his comprehensive working knowledge of insolvency, turnaround and transformation to ensure that business owners succeed in the long run.
Even where a corporate insolvency is required, Eddie assesses the personal ramifications on directors so that damage is contained & minimised and individuals are free to continue with their trade, area of expertise and vocation in the future.
Following an objective review of the business, Eddie can immediately relieve the pressure placed on both the board and management by formulating market leading strategies. Eddie specialises in Safe Harbour protection for directors from insolvent trading personal liability, pre-packs and pre-positioned sales. Eddie approach ensures the actions taken by clients are in accordance with their directors duties, in the best interests of the company and do not breach the illegal phoenix provisions.
Eddie was the original founder for the Association for Business Restructuring and Turnaround (the ABRT) with Ben Heaney and Michael Durbridge. Eddie chairs the ABRT Board and continues to play a key role in developing the ‘Executive Certificate in Turnaround Management Practice’. Eddie is regularly called upon to discuss legislative reform with Government Departments and Academics.
The preservation of a business’s goodwill, assets and key employees paves the way for innovation and sustainable growth. With a successful track record in restructuring and turnaround, Eddie takes pride in confidently tackling the multiple and complex issues that companies face in times of crisis and uncertainty.
Education, Professional Memberships & Attainment:
- Founder, Chairman, Life Member and Certified Restructuring & Turnaround Executive RTE® of the Association for Business Restructuring and Turnaround (ABRT)
- Member of the Turnaround Management Association & Certified Turnaround Associate.
- AIIP Certificate: Insolvency Law & Practice (Bond University) from the Association of Independent Insolvency Practitioners.
- Advanced Insolvency Certificate and Advanced Restructuring & Turnaround Certificate from the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA’s Advanced Dual Certification).
- MBA, Fellow and Chartered Manager of the Institute of Managers & Leaders (formerly AIM).
- Member and Certified Credit Executive of the Australian Institute of Credit Management (AICM).
- Graduate Member of The Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD).
- Joint Insolvency Exams and Certificate of Proficiency in Insolvency (IPA, England & Wales).
Eddie Griffith is local to Adelaide and has successfully lead the turnaround and rescue of multiple South Australian family businesses. Recently Eddie has been involved in significant corporate turnarounds in Victoria and Queensland.